If you’ve ever lived in or traveled to the southern California city of Del Mar, chances are you’ve heard of Urban pie’s mango tart. Well its’ not that difficult to have the same authentic taste of Mango Tart in Pakistan as well, Especially with the Rafhan mango custard which made it half way easier. So why not make Mango Tart for today’s Iftari. It would be a perfect and healthy option.. Trust me!
> Tart Inner
> Tart Shell
- Whisk 2 egg yolks & add 6 tbsp sugar.
- Add 2 tbsp custard powder in 100ml milk.
- In a pot, mix 250ml milk,100ml cream and 1tbsp butter & boil.
- Add custard mixture. Cook on low heat; stir till thick.
- Dust with icing sugar so no skin forms.
- Tart shell: Mix 21/2cup digestive biscuit crumbs
- 1/3cup icing sugar and add 8tbsp melted butter.
- Press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 175 C for 7 minutes.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- Pour custard & place in fridge for 5 hrs.
- Top with slices of mangoes.