Pakistan has the top most population of Punjabi-speaking people even way more then India and any other country in the world.
2. The Punjabi term is basically derived from Persian Language.
The Punjabi term is basically derived from Persian Language word which means Five Waters. Now you have a reason that why you like Persian cats. lofl!
3. Punjabi is the 10th most widely spoken language (2015) in the world.
About 100 million people in the world are native speakers of Punjabi, most of them based in Pakistan and India.
4. Punjabi is now The Third Language in Canada’s House of Commons.
Punjabi speakers make up about 1.3 per cent of Canada’s population. About 430,705 Canadians identified Punjabi as their mother tongue, making it the third most common language in the country after English and French. The 20 Punjabi-speaking lawmakers elected recently represent almost six per cent of the House of Commons.
5. Punjabi is the only living and fully tonal language.
Punjabi is the only living and fully tonal language among the Indo-European languages. Thanks to local singers whom made a plot to let us connected with our roots.
6. King Porus was the first known King of Punjab.
King Porus was one of the first known kings of ancient Punjab. So now your parents can call you as "Wada aya Porus da Puttar". but for me; Maula Jutt is still the great king of Punjab! lolz!