1. Honey can be used as a substitute to sugar, as it contains about 70% glucose and fructose, enough to sweeten your food/beverage! Less sugar means less fat!
2. Honey is very easy to digest, as it is already digested by the bees. Also, carbohydrates in the honey can be easily converted into glucose, making it suitable for even the most sensitive stomachs.
3. Consuming honey with warm water can help digest the fat stores in the body, ultimately helping you to get slimmer. Also, when combined with lemon juice and cinnamon, honey can help you lose weight.
4. Honey has been found to improve performance of athletes, as it maintains blood sugar levels and helps muscle recuperate. It also helps in glycogen restoration after workout sessions.
5. Honey is rich in variety of vitamins and minerals. In general, it contains good amount of vitamin C, iron, and calcium.
6. Honey is also known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It can be used as a natural antiseptic.
7. Honey is a natural antioxidant and helps remove free radicals from the body, giving you improved immunity!
8. Consuming honey in milk on a regular basis helps smooth and soothe the skin.
9. As honey has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, it can also help in healing superficial wounds very effectively.
10. Honey contains flavonoids and antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of heart disease and some types of cancers.
Honey has numerous other benefits besides above. Consuming it on a regular basis can lead to a healthy body, for sure!